Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Just got a job at a Shiseido counter. What to expect?

I know that product knowledge should be extensive. The problem I have with that is that I do not use enough of their products because I am a loyal MAC user! My mom loves Shiseido though and I really see how luxurious their products are. I have only tried some of their skincare and a few eyeshadows and mascara. Is skincare more important than makeup at Shiseido? How did you like working there?Just got a job at a Shiseido counter. What to expect?
Shiseido is like most cosmetics companies. They will educate you as per their product line and it will have no sound basis on proper skin care, but an entire basis on their bottom line and a philosophy of skin care and beauty which suits their bottom line. You will be expected to sell whatever particular products are being pushed that season, regardless of the customers' actual needs. Hey, don't check out Paula Begoun and get a real insight into cosmetics as well as the cosmetics industry. It will make your job a lot less fun.Just got a job at a Shiseido counter. What to expect?
Shiseido is a very popular brand with middle age Asian women, so with them, it's more about skin care than make up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses